Rust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep... and on the bed where the tailgate mounts:cry:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that bad yet but working on it

Also, on the rear of the rocker cover

Nothing you can do about it. Maybe slow it down but thats about it.

I took my rocker covers off and painted the lower edge with a undercoat paint after spraying with a aggressive primer. Put the cover back on to hide the black. Got me another 2 years before it came back.

Darn crank that holds the spare is only good for about 2 years. They used to be cheap but now they are almost $70 bucks.

My st is white so it's kinda noticeable but I doubt there is a thing to do...and taking it to a body shop will probz screw up the rest of the panel and cost a lot of $$$

You have tons of salt in your area by the look of your picture. That must be eating your ST.

Our 2001 has a small spot starting but it hasn't really progressed much further than dime size for the past two years. It gets so cold here we hardly bother with salt which is nice, sand only.

If we keep the truck I plan on doing the new fender/paint replacement as well.

That's from road salt, no rustproofing, and not washing it enough in the winter.

I would have bought my old '05 when it was off lease except the radiator support and bottom door seams were already rusting when it was only three years old.

I've had a few Rangers and Tracs and the bottom seams on the doors and tailgate are the first place they rust.

If you live in the Rust Belt, what did you expect?...

Just another reason why I am glad I don't live in Ohio anymore...:grin:

....Rich

Mine is just surface rust so I think that I'm able to bring it over to my neighbor who owns a body shop and can just buff out the imperfection and repaint.