Running boards

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Beals

Reaction score
Posted a similar question within a different thread, but wanted to try again.

I recently purchased an '04, silver, with the standard grey trim. It did not come with running boards. I have a 6 year old son and my father, frequently a passenger, has partial loss of use of the left side of his body, making the large step into the truck difficult.

I want to put boards on, and the factory greys, or whatever color they call them, are hard to come by, and more expensive. However, I am torn as to which aftermarket finish, chrome or black, would look better against the silver and grey.

Thoughts and pics please!

For the OEM boards. They have been black since '04. For gray find used ones or paint the black ones. Other wise I would go with polished stainless after market. Cheaper and hold up longer.

Especialy since you live where they salt the roads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black...check my library, my 05 was silver with black running boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ tbeals:

If you really want grey, you might consider getting black and having a powder-coater match them to the body color. You might be able to save a few bucks by buying the boards used, sanding them yourself, and taking them to the P-C'er fully prepped.

I just bought new ones from the dealer and it cost $360. These arent the ones listed in the link in this thread, they are the flat kind with the roilled lip to that makes them look like thiese ones. I like them alot. They are Titanium Grey with a black tread

Latest posts