Roush TV 2300 comes with me, but what's next

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsiegel

Reaction score
Coming up on 190k miles on my 2007. It still looks ok from afar but get under it and it's ugly. Both cab corners are now in pretty bad shape. Last summer I put some white vinyl over the drivers side cab quarter and that kind of disappeared into the white paint but the rust is reappearing again. I'll now have that to do both this summer. The back tow assembly is taking on rust as well. I was under the truck for a minute the other day and I can't believe how bad it's getting under there. Mechanically I maintain the truck but cosmetically not sure it's going to make the 300K goal. I'm probably only putting 20-25k miles on it each year.
Starting to think about what's next. I of course will bring the Roush charger forward for the next truck. I could look for another Trac but not sure I want a second one. I know the 2300's were installed in some of the F150's. Anyone know what my engine options are?
I don't want a longer truck and I like the 4 door option. I have to drive into the NY City a few times a week and parking is an issue. Is there a 4 door F150 with a bed this short or comparable overall truck length?
Have to look at the new Ranger as well but I tend to buy used.

Rust is always disappointing to see. I live in Canada where they salt the roads so under my truck is rusty but its nothing to be concerned about. How bad is yours? My rocker panel is beginning to show a speck of rust as well. Going to have to fix that when the weather is nicer.

Depending on what year F150 you're looking at a 3.7 v6, 3.5 v6, 5.0 v8, 3.5 v6 turbo, 6.2 v8 or even a 2.7 v6 turbo.

As far as I know the regular cab short box is about the same size as a Sport Trac. I know this because I wanted one but ultimately decided to keep my ST. I don't think you'd be disappointed with another ST if you found a rust free one with low mileage

In the Houston area. I dont have to worry about rustout. My main deal is industrial fallout. It takes it's toll on paint and glass.
Iam like many of you though. I plan to keep my Trac as long as it stays together and repair parts are available.
Even if the new ranger is comparable. I will still keep my Trac.

Latest posts