Rotors?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance Cann

Reaction score

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some suggestions on new rotors for my 2004. The front ones are warped terribly and it is driving my nuts every time I stop. I see there are quite a few on ebay. Do you guys have any suggestions on something that will hold up and not warp?

Thanks!

I agree, Wagners. I replaced my front brakes 2 years ago with Wagner rotors and wagner loaded calipers, lifetime guarantee and have had no problems since.

Not cheap but they are some of the best.

Wagners are good, I've had a lot of problems with warped rotors on my wife's car, a common problem with Tauruses it seems. The only ones I've found that last worth a crap are NAPA Ultra Premium. I had the last set cut twice, about once a year, and there was still enough left to be inspectable.

Wagners are good. What about Raybestos rotors? Are they still good? Or are they cheap iron from china now?

Most everyone I know, that bought the parts stores bottom line. Were made in china andthey warped in 10k miles. Especialy on heavy vehicles or if you are a heavy braker.

One thing, if you have a 2 wheel drive, (nothing listed in your profile), make CERTAIN that the toner rings are absolutely identical, if they are not, you will have ABS issues.

Pretty common issue as regular Explorers and Sport models fit, bot not all have the correct toner rings...