Roof Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Vincent

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of oem cross bars for my 05 trac. I am wanting to mount some lights on it but dont want to drill a hole through my roof, but want it to look nice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have mounted offroad lights and L.E.D. amber clearence lights. I'll post pictures in a minute. I ran the wires throught the weather stripping so I didn't have to drill a hole in the roof. I think I have pictures of that too.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
and here are some of mine too :)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Just make sure to place a wire connector between the door and the rack, so you can remove it quickly if needed. i ran my wiring to the passenger side, so the door isn't opening and closing on it as much.

also i hope you're running the wiring to a relay in the engine bay. and then the only wires used behind the dash are the smaller, easier to work with, wires for the switch.

Anyone ever write up a project on something like this? I've never been comfortable adding aftermarket electrical stuff

yea, there's a few projects on how to wire up aftermarket lights, and also how to connect the switch wires to a second push button switch on the console. check out the "lighting" section of the projects board.