Robin Williams is dead

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, just heard that on the news a couple of hours ago.

I always liked him...he was an improvisational comedy genius.

...Rich

Hard to think he went thru depression. He was a very likable guy and always seemed to be smiling/laughing. He was just up in MN get treatment at Hazelden last month and he stopped at a DQ I think and gladly took photos with fans.

Andy,

I agree. It is hard to understand how people with such amazing talent, fame, and success can be so depressed? I can only assume that Fame and Celebrity puts a lot of pressure on you when your life is under the media microscope?

Sometimes the wealth and fame leads to addictions, and I know that Robin Williams admitted he had some serious addiction problems. I suspect that was the underlying cause of his death.

...Rich

I've been a practicing alcoholic and I've had clinical depression. Often, I've had both at the same time. The dreadful feelings of clinical depression (not incidental depression that we all feel at times) are disabling. A minute of time feels like an hour. A day is unbearable. I thought about suicide, but never seriously considered it, but I can see how, for some people, it seems like the only solution.

You could see it in Robin Williams' face. All those happy fans, yet he had a look that I recognized. It was a look of agony. Word has it that he was still sober, but feeling like he was vulnerable.

9d335dfd031f79ddb242b061e2e054e3.jpg

For me, I got sober 12 years and 5 days ago. I found an antidepressant that works. While taking it, I was able to bury both of my parents, lose and rebuild a career, and see life differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems many comediennes battle depression and/or alcoholism. Comedy must be a way of coping or expressing themselves that they cannot do in regular life.

Mark K- I agree with you- I saw that same look on Williams' face many times. I thought the same thing- this poor guy is tormented by something. A news report interviewed some friends- one guy said Williams had no social skills one-on-one, but when two people were with him, he would light up and put on the comedy act. I think he was brilliant but dealing with demons that most would never understand.

Mark,

I also can see the despair in his face. I suppose most can. There is a type of look some of us can ID with.

Congrats on your 12yr birthday. I have 26yrs as of 2-22-14. I also take meds. I can fall off sanity somewhat...LOL...Self medicated almost 20yrs.

Latest posts