rims

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just wondering what other ford vehicles rims fit (or other vehicles for that matter) for the 2005 ST. I've been looking for some steel rims. Some or the rims I have found don't have the offset listed. My Dad seems to think the 15 inch 2006 freestar rims will fit my ST but I have my doubts and I don't want to go through trying to swap them just to find out they don't fit lol.

Pro Comp will custom make steel wheels; any lug pattern (center), diameter, width and offset (that is legal and considered safe).

I got the Series 98 with in 17x8" with 3.5 backspace. I don't recall paying extra for the custom backspace. I think they were around $90.00 each. They are stout.

Search "Cragar Soft 8"

Last edited by a moderator:
The Freestar is front wheel drive and even if the bolt pattern is the same the offset will probably be wrong. Any Ranger and Explorer wheel will fit. If you want steel wheels then Crown Vic cop car wheels will fit also and are cheap in junkyards.

Just be aware of front caliper clearance issues with certain rims. See EF link below.

Here's a good wheel guide:

http://www.crawlpedia.com/bolt_patterns.htm

Stock ST rim specs:

5 x 4.5" (114.3mm) Wheel Lug Pattern

12mm Offset

70.6mm Hub Bore

44mm Backspace

Mustang wheels fit and usually have the right offset. I put Cobra replicas on my '01.

This was back in 2002 when the whole firestone thing was going on and all any tire shop around here would sell is OEM size wheels for any explorer. Hence. they are 16. These come in 17" too, but sadly, not 19" as they would look good on my red '09 STA.

[Broken External Image]:

This truck has 130K on it now, my son drives it.

Thanks Mitch but a lot of things for sale here would be way too much to ship up here to the great white north. Rims included lol.

Thanks for the info guys! I'm just looking for some cheap steel wheels to mount some winter tires on next winter.