REVO vs REVO 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yardsale

Reaction score
I've had two sets of the REVO and have liked them on-road and, for the little off-road I do, they are fine. The REVO 2 seems a bit less off-road and more street than the REVO.

Anybody use both of these versions and can provide a comparison?

REVO

7ff3b2882b9dc08a9c73a2fa6bc436f0.jpg

REVO 2

b1a33cc6a7cf7e9dfe2ec7a4596fccc1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The REVO 2 looks like it is just an updated version of the 1 by adding more tire sypes for increased traction in wet conditions.

Okay; I see that, especially along the center. Thanks.

The narrower channels on the side lugs seem like they wouldn't work as well in snow and lose dirt.

I agree with Keith S. about the added sipes for improved wet weather traction. It also appears that the Revo-2 tread is not as deep as the earlier Revo and the side channels are not a large, which might reduce the Revo-2's ability to pump water out of the tread which could lead to hydroplaning?

...Rich

Ya. The REVO wasn't an aggressive off-road tire, but I liked the on- off-road balance. I think Bridgestone compromised off-road traction for on-road quiet, but I don't consider it a noisy tire. Considering the myriad of quiet "street like" tires they make, to me, this is a fail for the consumer.

I hope it's the lighting that makes the depth look shallower - that would defeat the purpose of the additional siping. The side channels are definitely narrower.

Still, it may be the direction I go (again); just gotta be careful with the right foot.

Thanks all!

Latest posts