REVISED New FOR 2008 Sport Trac!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Yarbough

Reaction score
The 2008 Sport Trac will come standard with the New One-Touch Integrated Start Ignition switch.

The Ford Sync voice-activated communications and entertainment system will be an option for the 08 ST model.

Edit:

3 additional STANDARD features will be on the 08 ST which will include Fog Lamps, Safety Canopy, and Power Rear Sliding Window all of which were options on the 07 ST. This is sure to drive the base price up in addition to whatever standard price increase Ford implements.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping they were going back to the Gen 1 style body.:(:(

Guess when I buy a new trac it will be a 05 or older:D:D

Paul H

when did keys become a bad thing?

When they started costing $20+ to replace them.....

Anyone interested in a Red 07 Limited w/4.6L Chrome Package, Class III hitch and a whopping 9700 miles? Must sell, ordering my Red 08 Limited w/4.6L Chrome Package, Class III hitch w/0 miles in 6-8 weeks... :lol:

when did keys become a bad thing?

When they no longer fit in pockets! :lol: One thing I miss on my FJ, that I had on my ST is the keypad. I liked to leave the keys in the car. Not that I liked leaving the keys in the car, but rather did not like carrying the keys around.

i like keys! every so often when I am in a hurry and off to something really important they would play hide and seek with me and cause me to remember that i need them more than they need me!

I LOVE KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Broken External Image]:

Am I the only one who likes the idea of turning the key? Somehow, the push-button seems to take away some of the soul of driving. I know certain luxury brands have buttons, but certain luxury owners also have their thumbs up their... well. :D

Push Button Start??? OMG, years ago I drove a Rambler that had push buttons on the dash...Vintage 1964. You could also shift gears by simply pushing a button. Park, Reverse, Drive

No thanks.....I'll stick with my '07

This isn't push-button start we're talking about, but rather "One-Touch Integrated Start [is a] feature [that] lets the driver put the key in the ignition, turn it once and then let go – like electronic “start” buttons that are becoming common on luxury cars.", via media.ford.com.

General Motors has had this for years. Nifty thing, but nothing ground breaking.

One-Touch Integrated Start [is a] feature [that] lets the driver put the key in the ignition, turn it once and then let go – like electronic “start” buttons that are becoming common on luxury cars.",

I drove a Canyon (it was a rental--no way I would buy GM) and it was similar. You turn the key and could let go and the computer took over and started the truck. It kinda freaked me out. I tried it about 3 times before I figured out was going on (Ok, I'm a little slow :) )

I like KEYS too, when I'm at work or out at the club sometimes, I feel like I have OCD and have to check my pockets like 50 times to make sure they are there. And other times, well its something to play with, when some one is talking that you really don't feel like paying attention to.

Part that would suck about the start button though, just another fuse or wire connect that could get lose and you'd have to wonder, WTF is wrong with my truck this time.

LaRue,,, I see you need to remind your customers "Keys made Here" in case they can't figure that out when they walk into a Locksmith shop and see a wall of keys...lol..:blink:

You would not believe how many people come in the store and ask "Do you make keys here?" duhhh:eek:

Latest posts