Reverse Shudder

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
'08 V6, 5R55E tranny, 132k miles. This just started yesterday. The truck shakes and shudders in reverse at anything above idle. All forward gears seem fine except for the usual slop. I did disconnect the battery a week ago to firm up the shifts. Tranny has been flushed at 50k, 100k, and 130k. Anybody else ever get this? I'll take it to my bud's tranny shop but I'm just wondering what to expect. Differential, t-case, u-joints, or is the tranny soon to be toast? Thanks in advance.

Maybe the mounts.

Had my bud look at it today. He thinks the reverse band is cracked. If it was broken it wouldn't go into reverse at all. He will check it more in-depth next week in case it's a servo or something simpler but I am probably looking at a rebuild since he says you have to take everything else out to get to the reverse band anyway.

My reverse band gave out, did the same thing. It lasted about 2 days then it was done.

I Ended up getting a rebuild at AAMCO. They put a heavier duty band and a shift kit with the rebuild along with a 10 year warranty.

Latest posts