Restoring the Cladding

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
I've tried it all, from Mother's back to black to Armorall - NOTHING EVER WORKED.

I finally found somthing that did it

It's that As Seen On TV stuff Detail Doctor. I bought it at Walmart & it ACTUALLY WORKS.

BTW I followed the directions for fixing headlights fog for my son's Elantra, & the cleared up like the day I bought the car NEW

Give it a shot. Best $12 Bucks I ever spent!

[Broken External Image]:

Andy, like you I've tried them all. Bottom line, how long will this stuff last?

Last edited by a moderator:
It gets some bad reviews on amazon......

I wonder if this is the same stuff, advertised a few yrs ago. It was the woman from one of the cable tv car shows. It didnt last either and is off the market.

I have heard some good about stoner's. Never use it though. We lost the '01 escape in a flood. I was just about to buy and try it, on the clading..

I thought the same thing but, he does have pics of his ST. If anybody else has used this product they shout chime in. I too have used a bunch of stuff that wears out after 3 days.

BUT WAIT, IF YOU CALL NOW ........

hmmm? I wonder if Cabrera is really the Count...:grin:

How can these products be so hyped on TV when the reviews clearly indicate that for the majority of the people they do not work....and not anywhere close to what is claimed in the TV ads.

One review said the product label said contained Linseed Oil, which takes an eternity to dry and then gets sticky, which collects dirt and dust.. That certainly is not suitable for use on interior leather, vinyl or plastics. And when used on the exterior washes right off with the first rain or car washing? Exactly what the TV commercials say won't happen?

...Rich

Just thought I would share this with the group. Since I bought my Trac, the cladding has been a thorn in my side trying to keep it crisp. Johnny O., I didn't want to paint it because I was concerned with it peeling (Black cladding would be cool). I did use Krylon on the silver console & it came out excellent.

Steve I have no idea how long it will last. It's been on 3 week & still holding up. My Hyundai's headlights were fogged up & I used this on that a few months ago & still looks good. I saw the bad reviews as well but figured what the hell, it's already has that white milky film on the gray.

Richard, yes this stuff took 24 hours to fully dry (& not be tacky) I kept the Trac in the garage. I have gone through 3 carwashes so far still ok. I would definitely not use it on the interior. For me it was a product of last resort prior to painting it.

Oh & No hype or a paid infomercial, & definitely not the "Count" LoL, I've been on this forum (& the "other" one) for a few years & toss in my 2 cents when I find something that works.

I have owned a couple of GM's Saturn Vues (don't hate on me). When the cladding went bad I used this product which recoats/restores the cladding and it doesn't fade. I did my 2003 Vue in 2006 and my 2004 vue in 2008 and they both looked about new when I traded them in on my 2008 ST last year.

Unfortunately I don't have any restored pics but I do have the website and applications list. It will take some regular paint and prep work because it is paint (I used the aerosal) but it lasts and doesn't chip. In my mind, it's basically bedliner for your cladding.

http://www.urethanesupply.com/3700matchingchart.php