Replacing fog lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
I replaced my headlight bulbs monday with Silverstars, and I am going to be replacing my fog lights this weekend and was wondering what type of bulb would be the best to use. I was wanting LED's but could not find any. For those that have replaced theirs, what kind did you use and what is the part number? Thanks for the help.

Andrew

9145 ST

Siverstars, Just replaced mine the other day.

I have the Ultra Siverstar head light and the stock fog light bulbs looked yellow, so I replaced them with the Silverstar 9145 ST They are not as bright as the Ultra's however they are better then the stock ones.

Pete;)

You can use a 9005 hi-beam bulb. It will be brighter but won't function as well as a fog light. I used 9005 all-weather bulbs from J.C. Whitney in the Ranger I used to have. Hit the link and click on the "STREET" in the left column for the part numbers and stuff.

I use the 9005 because i dont face alot of fog, but i do live in the country and do alot of night driving on unlit roads, so the extra "high beams" help.

And Im ordering a HID conversion kit right away too

Latest posts