Replacing 6CDMP3 with factory GPS/6CD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Devers

Reaction score
I am looking at a factory GPS unit to replace the std. 6cd changer in my 07 ST. Anyone know what there is to swapping these units out? The pictures of the GPS headunit look a little larger than the 6cd headunit, but haven't been able to find instructions or specifications if I am going to need some type of mounting kit to make it fit.

Any one done this before?

Thanks kindly Stad95GT; I'll look into this as well.... it never hurts to spend similar amounts of money if I get more toys.

I have one on ebay that will fit. You just slide yours cd6 out and plug this one in and it's ready to go. You will have to install a gps antenna also but it's for sale as well. It can go behind the radio under the sercurity lamp. It has the dvd and manuals also. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140335643469&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

lol - thats the one I have been watching... price got stupid high quick... I think I'll check out crutchfield....

Thanks though!

Latest posts