replacement speakers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Prescott

Reaction score
Hey guys I just want my Sport Trac to sound better audio wise and was looking at getting new speakers to put in the doors to replace the factory ones what size should I get? What size are the stock ones? Will different speakers make a difference or what a new head unit make the bigger difference? Just wanted your guys insight thanks in advance:haveabeer:

Crutchfield.com is the best site for finding replacement audio gear. I haven't swapped out the speakers, but I understand it makes a considerable difference.

I replaced my speakers with some Sony Xplod's from crutchfield. It made a significant difference, though the only way to truly improve is to upgrade the head unit. I have the satellite ready single cd unit in my '05 and already had a plug-in satellite radio unit, so I wanted to maintain the oe set-up. i am pleased with the new speakers though and do not regret the upgrade.

Ok so what size speaker do I need and how big can I go before I out grow the existing speaker space. I don't want to modify anything. Also what speakers do I need coaxial in the rear and 2 way up front? I know nothing about speakers. Thanks guys and gals

The 6x8 has better bass response. (Larger than 5x7)

Alpine, Pioneer, and Kenwood are all preferred brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, Amazon's pricing is substantially less than most. Shop around.

I have a brand new pair of infinity kappa 6x8's for sale that I was going to use then decided to go with components. $85 plus shipping.

I got Pioneer Component 6X8 in the front doors with tweeters on the top of the door panels and three way Pioneer 6X8 in the rear doors, Pioneer head unit and Pioneer Amp pushing a JL 10" in an under the back seat. All from Crutchfield. Sounds amazingly clear. Not competition level by any means, but good enough for me.

Sorry about the huge pics!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with a JL component system and put the tweeters just above the door locks in the flat space...You don't want them facing directly at you...I have a Kenwood 4 channel amp(wish they would of offered the 5 like they do now) but hook up 2 channels to the front speakers and bridge the other two to a sub...It will be a really good sounding system that wont distort what so ever....