Replacement Radio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2001 ST...the radio seems to be the culprit in draining my battery if the ST sits for 2-3 days without starting. The display has been getting dimmer and dimmer over the last year....also over the last year the display is very warm to the touch even after sitting overnight. My question is will only a radio out of a 2001 ST fit or will any other years? Also, the radio I have now is AM/FM/6 CD. Will a single CD unit drop in with the 6 CD unit harness? Thanks for your help.

Marvin,

I'd highly recommend an aftermarket radio (Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, etc) over any type of used OEM unit. A new radio can give you CD, MP3, Bluetooth, Navigation or any combination thereof for not a lot of money. Do some research, but Crutchfield.com is a great starting spot.

if anyone has an origina radio that looks like new and plays like it should, I am interested and will buy for the right price..just got another '01 sporty and someone hacked the radio big time..

The dispay on my OEM 6cd/radio, is not lit with key off. The led's do get dimmer with age.

Have you had your battery tested??

Crutchfield' is a good company they give you every thing you need and instruction and get new speakers also did my st 2001 for about 270 2 years ago Sony and pioneer Speakers:haveabeer: :banana:

Battery checked and is good. My display is not lit when the key is off either but even after sitting over night with everything off the display is warm to the touch first thing in the morning. I have pulled the #28 and #29 fuses and the display is cool.

Maybe someone here can tell me if their display is warm or cool to the touch first thing in the morning.

I Recommend the JVC arsenal !!! this radio kicks butt !!!!! CD blue tooth, all the goodies...

Installed one in my 03 and it BLOWS AWAY the ford sync and the sound and functions and options are amazing !!!! I went the single din because the dash has to be cut and modified for a flat screen or double din and I did not want that.....

Also bought from crutchfield...

Todd Z

Post from the past... did the diagnosis of a power draw that would kill the battery in two to three days, turns out the the Pioneer head unit will draw 300 to 350 milliamps with the key off. Pull fuse 29 and it drops to 40 milliamps, pull the GEM fuses and drops off to 0 draw.

The big question is what to replace the head unit with that will be plug and play.

Latest posts