Replacement for factory tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2007 ST Limited with factory 235-65-18's that are probably not aggressive enough for winter driving although they are rates M+S.. I'd like to find some more aggressive tires that would mount without any alterations to the body, wheels OR the speedo readings. Any Suggestions? We don't get alot of snow around here but enough (we also have plenty of sand to run on) JEFF

I replaced the OE tires (mine were 17") with Firestone Destination A/T's. Decent in snow, quiet for an A/T, and in good weather I can rock down the highway at 80 mph and they're fine. If they make them in your size I would strongly consider them.

The General's and the Firestones are a great upgrade to your vehicle. Take a look at Dunlops also radial rover r/t. I've used them in the past and it was a very good all around tire. Bob

I just got a set of Definity Dakota A/Ts on my ST yesterday. So far, they're great, definitely much better than the Goodyear's that were on it. I've been dealing with a terrible vibration at highspeeds, and apparently it was ALL due to the crappy tires that were on there because the vibration is completely gone. :banghead:

Ihave the cooper discover h/t plus. The size 265/60-18

9" tread width, 3/10s" taller than your oem.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: