Replaced Body Mounts on '02 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lester Durst

Reaction score
Just finished replacing the rotted out OEM Body Mounts on the wife's '02 ST with the Prothane kit.

Was not as hard as I thought it was going to be but I purchased a electric impact gun to loosen and remove the bolts. The vehicle is rust free and I keep the belly very clean so I didnt have problems in that area. I spent alot of time cleaning up the various pieces prior to reinstalling them. I also throughly cleaned the interior.... amazing what "stuff" you find buried under the carpet and in remote corners after owning the ST for 12 years.

It was abit scary jacking up the cab enough to get the new Prothane mounts installed as I replaced ALL of the mounts.

Wife says the ST drives like the NEW vehicle it was in 2002.

Good idea to inspect, especially the foam mounts under the firewall and "B" pillars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not have thought the DFW area of Texas had an environment bad enough to cause the mountings to rot. Any explanation?

Yes - they are crap. Some rubber-urethane hybrid Frankenstein experiment that went horribly bad.

Micro Cellular Urethane. :toilet:

Interesting that my 2001 mounts that spent all it's life in Ohio look pretty good....

Thankfully, I Wasn't looking forward to doing this job.

Keep an eye on them. Mine (also an '01) are starting to go. From what I've read, once they start, they deteriorate quickly.

Latest posts