Removing the Stock Sub and Amp

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Fields

Reaction score
Hello everybody, so I am finally getting around to installing my new sub, amp, and head unit. Im wanting to remove the stock sub and amp to make a housing for my new amp. I have a couple fans to wire up back there to keep it vented. Im in the process of removing the stock sub and amp. To get to all the screws I have to take the back panel off, my problem is the 2 plastic screws that are holding the panel to the truck body...

For clarification the panel im talking about is the one in the rear of the cab behind the seats.

Ive been "unscrewing" them for awhile now. They are plastic black screw heads with a washer. Im assuming the threads are messed up or im not doing something right... no matter how much i turn its not coming out... help me?

They really don't unscrew, they are simply pushed in.

Click on my wrench, I did a project on installing the OEM amp. You will get the info you need there...

If you are going to sell them, I STRONGLY suggest you pull the wire harness. It is not too hard to do and Ford INFLATED the price on the harness.

Almost not worth selling them if you don't include the harness.

When I did the project you could get the harness for under 20 bucks. It is now over 100 dollars...

Latest posts