Removing someone elses paint from ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Mulhern

Reaction score
Not sure what happened but I noticed someone elses paint on my front bumper when I got off the train. :angry: It's on the drivers side.

I tried to search for some tips on how to remove it but wasn't too successful.

Can anyone provide me with ideas on how to (try) to remove the paint.

Thanks,

Marc

Is your bumper color matched?

If not, you can try nail polish remover or even some gasoline (Be careful), then a water-damp clean cloth.

If it's color matched someone else might have a good idea, sorry.

I have used cleaning compound (less abrasive) for getting paint off.

Be careful on the pressure on how you apply it.

Wax afterwards.

at the moment, I can't recall if the bumper is the same color. It is an 03 XLT.

It is a scuff mark, no dent or anything. It appears what ever it was moved across that portion of the bumper and that is it.

I will have to try the cleaning compound. Is that something I will need to continuely wax? I wax the truck about once a quarter, would I need to do it more often?

I appreciate everyone's help.

Marc

If it's the grey colored bumper... Do not wax it!

It will just dull the surface or in the worst case it will look "streaked"... If it is color matched, then wax it the same as the exterior.

I hope they did not damage the texture of the bumper.

You might try rubbing the blood of the person that caused the damage on the ST. Even if it doesn't clean off the paint, you'll feel better about it. :lol:

TJR, I hesitated writing that.:) I figured someone would have some fun with me on that one.

Nelson....I like that idea the best!!

Thanks everyone. I will give it a shot this weekend and see how it goes.

Marc

p.s. Ape, are you serious about WD-40? never heard/thought about that one.

I have used WD-40 before. It does work. Bug & Tar remover will work too. I used that when a vandal spraypainted my car. Just need to do a wax afterwards.

Yep, WD-40 also help me get rid of some smudges that my boots were causing just under the driver side door. The just clean it up with a soapy solution to wash it off.

Ape Out.

Latest posts