Remanufactured Engines...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
HOLA! it's been a zillion years since I posted in here but some assistance is needed!

First... The history lesson: I sold my 03 ST for an 03 Aviator awhile back. NOW I'm sitting pretty with a 4.6L DOHC with almost no compression on the #7 cylinder head. I'm plotting to get a remanufactured engine.

So far I'm looking at Jasper, AER, and ATK. Any of you guys have any experience with any of these companies? Or a preference?

PS - the 4.6L is plagued with this exact issue. Mustangs and Aviators alike... it's a royal mess.:cry:

TY in Advnace...

Vince

When I worked for Delta's ground maintenance, they only used Jasper engines in their all Ford fleet (except the Tugs) and the mechanics all had great things to say about them. Some of the guys bought personal replacement engines through the shop. No clue about the other suppliers.

The Ford remanufactured engine will come with a three year, unlimited mileage warranty on parts and labor. It doesn't have to be installed by a Ford dealer to qualify, but it does have to be registered by the dealer at the time of purchase. It also comes with a no-fault core acceptance. As long as the core is assembled, you can have a rod through the block, and they will take it back!

Woppy,

Have you determined if it's valves, head gasket or the piston rings causing the low compression? You also did not indicate the mileage, so it's hard to determine if you should get a rebuilt engine, or just fix the old one....but it sounds like you already made up your mind that you want a rebuilt engine.

...Rich

Latest posts