Relocating HVAC Controls

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rahul Sharma

Reaction score
Has anyone actually ever moved thier climate control panel? The 3 knob panel below the radio? Is this possible? I'm looking to move it about 10 inches.....

I know some that have moved their controls to their glovebox, but most have been electric controls, not the 3 knobs.

Just depending on where you want to go, but yes, you can move them if you know wiring and vaccum lines. Depending on where you want to move them to, you will probably have to extend the wiring and also extend or put in new vaccum lines attached.

Where do you want to go with them?

It shouldn't be too difficult. You can extend everything down and then fiberglass a new area to mount the plate.

Like everything else, it can be done if you want/have the time, and the desire to do so. Be a pioneer man and go for it. Basically just have to extend the wires and such. Do one wire at a time and take your time. Take plenty of pics and go for it man!!!! pOst them when you are done with your mod. Good luck!!:banana:

Paul

Thanks guys - this is something i am strongly considering....but just to clarify...there shouldn't be any vacuum lines if i just move that plate, right? just wires i can cut, solder extentions onto and re attach at the other end? is it special wires, or just the electric ones?

Fiberglass??? OK....now i think i HAVE to do this mod....

It's been a long time since I've had mine apart, but, yes, I think you have to extend the vacuum lines too. I believe they connect to the control knob that changes the airflow output.

How hard to do precieve this to be Doug? I see you replaced your's with an electric control, is that correct? I'm just looking to extend....so...any tips on something like this?

It's been a long time since I've had mine apart, but, yes, I think you have to extend the vacuum lines too. I believe they connect to the control knob that changes the airflow output.

Thanks.

I was able to find pics of a member who did this and moved them to his glove box. too bad he didn't write up a project for it.

Latest posts