Reflex Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor CAD

Reaction score
I just installed a set of rear Reflex shocks. What a huge difference, the ride is almost comfortable (after all, it IS a truck). No more double-bounce on big bumps and speed bumps don't hurt!

I have the fronts to install tonight. Can't wait, if the difference is as dramatic, I will be impressed.

Only issue is removing the drivers side rear, what a pain in the rear to get to the top nuts! What is that big plastic thing that's in the way? The Reflexes came with thru-bolts that make the job much easier.

There is also a buy 3 get one free deal with Monroe shocks until the end of July. Around $50 savings, not bad.

The big plastic thing is the emission system charcoal canister. Much easier to install shock if you remove it first. Yep, new shocks on the Trac are impressive. They make it drive like it's supposed to, after all, the ST is a truck. Now some here have disputed that observation but I contend if you ask any 5 year old buy if the ST is a truck, he'll say that it is. Must have someting to do with the pickup truck bed behind the cab.

maguilar, They are superior front end links that connect the front sway bar to the lower (I think) control arm. You can get them from AutoZone or CarQuest. Ask for front end links for the ST and they will have the MOOG part no. either inside the box or outside the box. Hope that is helpful.