Red Top Optima

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Brown

Reaction score
Well my 2001, with 95,000 miles with the original ford motorcraft battery, has been upgraded to the Red Top Optima battery! Figure better get it done before winter time, not going to take a chance with the original battery thru this winter! Never had any issues with the original battery, but 5 years is time for a change!

Bought it at Costco for $120. Installed in a snap! They include an adapter plate for the bottom to fit in the battery tray. Just bolt back in and it's ready!

Ordered me a set of BF Goodrich All Terrain tires. NOT THE LONG TRAILS. What I really wanted was the BF Goodrich AT-KO tires. They wouldn't sell em to me if they installed em, since they can only install factory specs. And some BS About the firestone/exploder problems in the past, they go by specs only...:angry:

I had them install a new set on my 300M this spring and like the work they do, so figure give em a try with the ST. I had Bridgestone Duellers on and wanna try the BF Goodrich! :cool:

5 years and 95,000 miles is real good for any battery. In my opinion if you get over 4 years out of a battery then it has served it's purpose well, especially here in Texas.....

Must be something in the water... I just changed my factory over to a Red Top yesterday also... Took a peak into the site glass and saw red, so I figured replace it now, since I'll be fishing this weekend and 20 miles to the closest town...

Lol, I just got a new Yellow Top today. My old one works fine, just looks kinda cruddy. I'll probably be giving it away at the next meet I go to.

Latest posts