Recommended front pads/rotors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleman Brumley

Reaction score
Are there any recommended rotors and pads for the front for an '01 ST 4x4? Mine are going to need done soon and I wanted to start shopping around for the parts.

Thanks!!!

I did my front brakes with Wagner Rotors and Wagner loaded calipers meaning they came with new pads in them. lifetime guarantee. Have had no problems since. Not cheap but definetly good quality parts.

I have these pads and rotors. They're holding up amazingly well since installing them 6 months ago. The mechanic that installed them for me was impressed with their quality.

I just had the wheels off to replace my end links and the pads are like new and the rotors still have their milling marks on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed performance friction pads on the front tuesday. So far I like the stoping power. They are carbon metalic.

My rotors wernt warped or scared. So I used my rotor dressing hone and drill motor to dress them. The hone is run in forward and reverse. It clears the glaze and cross hatch cuts the surface. Even gets rid of the linear cuts in used or new rotors. Helps bed the pads and create quieter brakes.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts