Recall

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Reitz

Reaction score
In Sep '07, my Ford dealer disconnected my '02 ST Cruise Control because of the FMC recall. I have called and request getting the factory fix installed, and as of today, I'm told, Ford doesn't have the fix available yet. I've e-mailed Ford's Internet link and all I get is a friendly e-mail saying the fix is in the making. If this is the New Ford, they're done!!

Is anyone else out there getting the same treatment I am from Ford? I can't believe Ford can't fix a Cruise Control since they've only been making them for 20 plus years.

Thanks for any feed back or suggestions !!! John

here is another link regarding the same.

Some are able to find the part ...have you checked with another dealership service tech?

here is the link to the other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
My local dealership (beach ford in va bch va) had them in stock. Took less than 10 minutes start to finish and they did it in the entry bay where the service writers are.

Try a different dealership, or a lincoln mercury dealer.

and John, if your dealership does not have them...ask them to call another dealership.

some out by me about 291 miles away (but ususally has or finds what others can not)

Rigby Ford, Lakeview Ford, Godfrey Ford... your service tech advisor has the numbers and if not...has a way to get them.

you can find the part number here:

Last edited by a moderator:
The parts are available. Dealerships have been getting them drop-shipped for the past month and a half. It could be that just from the sheer number of vehicles affected by this recall, that when you call, they have already sold out. Or it could be that they have been so inundated with calls for this recall, they've lost track. Your best bet would be to call the parts department and ask them if they have a 8W7Z14A411C or a 1L1Z9F924AA. What you would really want is the 9F924, which is for the leaking switches. The 14A411 is just a way to get around the liability issues. The 14A411 jumper is designed to fail. When it fails, the customer has to buy the switch and fix it himself/herself. If you already have the jumper, read the blue tag that is on it. You will see what I am saying.

Thanks Guys!! After calling around I located one. After 10 minutes I was on the road and it's working again. And my wife is off of my case too!!!!

However, Ford has a problem. 9 months to fix a simple recall tells me that Allen and his boys have got a lot of work to do to get things fixed at FORD. I'm really happy with my ST, but I'll be darn if I going to do more business with them.

And thier customer service department is worthless!!!

The other attached links say the same thing!!

And thier customer service department is worthless!!!

Not all dealers are that way. Ford dealers are like McDonalds. Not all McDonalds have fast friendly service. That doesn't stop you from eating at McDonalds, does it?

My local dealer is all anyone would ever want. Fast service, polite employees, great treatment, etc.

Here is a story. We lost the front plate off the Explorer. It was a cheap bell plate that was garbage from the get go. We got the plate back. The Goodyear security personal at the world headquarters found the plate and gave it to the police that delivered it to our home. We went to the dealer to get a new bracked. No problem. I was talking to the salesman when the one service guy walked by. He asked me what I came to get. I showed him. He asked me if I had the rivet gun to install it. I told him I was going to use a screw. He looked at me said "Give my your keys, I will be right back". He installed the plate bracket AND the plate. No charge.

He did not have to do it and I did not have to ask him to do it either.

That is the service I get at my Ford Dealer.

Like going to McDonalds, sometimes you get the guy that hates his job and doesn't want to do it. You get bad service everywhere you go.

It would be unfair to blame McDonalds Corporation for something happening at a privatly owned store.

Tom