Recall of Cruise Control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dove

Reaction score
I don't know if it makes a difference what year your ST was or not, but I DID, get a recall notice about 2 weeks ago for my ST for the cruise control, mine ST was built feb 2000, so mine was one of the VERY first ST's built, hhhmmmm? but I haven't had the time to take it in yet,......

Just pulled the recall letter,..... and I guess i've gotten a couple of them, but the letter I pulled is ACTUALLY from March 2005

~Dove~

Dove,

Check the wording in the recall notice. Is it to replace the C.C. deactivation switch, or the entire C.C.?

A while back, there was a recall for defective C.C.s that could potentially lock open with no way to shut them off. This actually happened to me (twice on one trip - I had to shut the engine off doing 75mph), but my VIN was not included in the recall. Ironically, most of the VIN's that were included in the recall probably never had the problem.

If your recall notice is for the switch problem that has caused a few engine fires, call your Ford Service Adviser and see if you can make an appointment to have the switch replaced while you wait. It only takes them about 15 minutes to do the repair, so why wait all day to get your Trac back?

Either way, I think you should take care of this sooner than later.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric, That happened to my CC in my Grand Wagoneer, stuck on at 65 mph, had to drive home from NY with the engine racing and the brakes burning! That was the second jeep that I used the lemon law to get my money back.