recall notice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Miller

Reaction score
Ford keeps bugging me with recall notices(05S28). Reason for not getting serviced: 40 miles away, don't like people FN with my ST. Is this recall really important?

Only if you don't want your truck to catch fire and burn up ....... along with your house if it's parked in the garage......

The Ford (05S28) Recall only applies to '01-'02 Sport Trac's WITH speed control.

Many OTHER Ford models from '92-'04 are listed @ the FoMoCo web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn right it's important. There have been several trucks burn up without the repair. It takes all of five minutes to do and it's well worth the trip. They do it right in the parking lot while you wait. No appointment needed.

It took my dealer a while to get enough repair cables, so they called me to bring my truck in to have the cruise disconnected. Fortunately, I got the repair done at a nearby dealer who had the cables on hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unplug the switch on the master cylinder until you get it done. That will remove the fire danger but it will also disable your cruise.

The job is easy and takes only a few seconds. You just plug in a new part between the existing wiring harness and the brake master cylinder. That's it!

If the switch is leaking you get a new switch for free too ......... hint .....hint. It also involves checking other harness connector condition and repairing if necessary.

Latest posts