Rearview Camera

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Richmiller

Reaction score
I am looking for anyone that may have information, or possible contacts that would know what the possibilities are for a Gen 2 ST with the new second gen navigation for a rear view camera. I know this unit is used numerous other Ford products including the F150, which has the rear view camera.

If anyone knows anything, or anybody i would appreciate the help.

Just to clarify.I have the new navigation for 2009 that is being used by many other Ford vehicles including the F-150 which has the backup camera. I am unsure of the circumstances on the Nav used previously, whether it was used in another vehicle with a backup camera or not.

I am fairly confident the connection for my Nav would be there but i am here to confirm that, and findd out what i need to wire to get it up and running.

So far this is all i've found...

Have a rear view camera in our '07, but not to the nav system. We went with the rear view mirror/monitor OEM from the '09 Fords. See library for pix. Can't be much help :(

,2/18/2009 19:31 MT

Have a rear view camera in our '07, but not to the nav system. We went with the rear view mirror/monitor OEM from the '09 Fords. See library for pix. Can't be much help

What did that setup run you?

That is a nice setup. I'd like to run mine through my Nav screen, and possibly in the future have both the mirror and the nav screen.

Pretty pricey, but worth it to me:

Wired, Mirror by Gentex, auto-dimming, the same that is in the 09 F-150, $399.00

Camera, by BOYO, plate mount, 130 degree angle, $128.40

Total shipped to door: $527.40

It has about paid for itself considering the kids bikes, tree limbs, tailgate left down for things to fall out, etc..

Actually I don't think that's too bad at all. If you think about it all it has to do is save you one time and it's paid for. The other day I was at the grocery store and was getting ready to back up, there was a lady walking toward me in the back and I let her pass by before I started backing. Well she wasn't paying attention and was a few feet past me and just as I was about to start backing up I remembered that I saw a child with her earlier, I hadn't taken my foot off the brake yet but was releasing it and then I slammed it back on and sure enough her boy was directly behind the truck. Had I not remembered that I saw her with child earlier I am almost certain that I would have hit him...yeah I think I am gonna get this setup.

Great that you had seen that child! I had the habit of hopping in the truck, open the garage door and back-up. I have only ran over one bike,( a few other close calls) but now I can't see having the truck without it. The resolution is much nicer than what is shown in our library pics, because of the truck being in the garage at the time. I'm sure you won't be disappointed!!

Sondra

I have the $69.99 unit from Pep Boys and Wal-Mart. :D Put one or three on the wife's car too.

Keep your receipt, they don't seem to last real long.

It wasn't hard to put in. Wireless as far as from the camera to the monitor. Camera mounts to the license plate bolts and splices into the backup light wires, monitor comes with a couple different wiring options. I velcro'd the monitor onto the dash and ran the wire behind the dash (easy), under the console, and spliced it to the wires for the console power port.

Currently it doesn't work. :angry:

If I leave the monitor on it greatly reduces the range of the keyless entry.

I will take pics for a Member Project one of these days when it warms up.

velcro'd the monitor onto the dash

One of my criteria was to not have a monitor on the dash or windshield. I know it limits your choices and there are cheaper out there. It is hard wired, set up to come one when you put in reverse. Love it, good luck with yours.....

Sondra

Eh, I didn't really have a choice.

I did see one, might be in the Member Projects, where they placed the camera in the keyhole of the tailgate lock. You can't lock the tailgate any more, but I thought that was very slick.

Latest posts