Rear Window Strip Pulled Out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
There is a strip of rubber that's supposed to sit just inside the trim at the bottom of my rear window that started coming loose and sticking out whenever the window was rolled up. When I rolled it down it would roll back up inside the space it was supposed to go, but not straight. Then the other end started coming loose, and then there wasn't much left holding it on, so I pulled it out.

How do you put it back, or replace it? Do I need to remove the entire back window? Is the piece available?

Is this the piece you're referring to?

a9d996a6b3759045465ed58bef139c97.jpg

9dcec4df52582d7f48b29c0f0f320ee7.jpg

900289d14952bfc6ed6dfb43c7da2998.jpg

If the piece is straight enough to put back in then urethane would be the best bet, IMO. It's actually not a "replaceable" part so good thing you have the piece. Other than that, new back glass assembly.I couldn't get the strip off for a member that lost his so I cut the whole section out and sent it to him. I don't recall the outcome.

I appreciate your responses. Do you have to take anything apart to get the strip back in?

To answer your previous question... yes, that looks like the strip I'm talking about. But now I have another question. What does it do, and what will happen if I leave it out?

Latest posts