Rear window seal - '01

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Caschera

Reaction score
Went to put up the rear glass window today and it made a wierd noise but went up no problems. Looked at the window from the rear of the vehicle and it seems the lower gasket/seal has come off and started to bind the window when going up. I took the seal out and put it back but it seems like the glue or whatever was holding the rubber seal to the frame has come off. In my trying to get the seal back in, it fell down in the window channel (behind the wall in the back seat area).

So now I"m kinda stuck as to what to do? Can I order just this part from the dealer? Anyone parting out their sport trac that I can purchase this from? Not even sure it will hold if/when I re silicone it back into place?!?!

For now I found some garage door thresholding that seems to be working temporarily but its not a permanent thing.

Any advice? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive

http://www.shop3m.com/60455055602.html?WT.mc_ev=clickthrough&WT.mc_id=shop3m-AtoZ-Super-Weatherstrip-Adhesive

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts