Rear window problem..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Revard

Reaction score
ok...i have an 02 Trac with about 32k miles on it...just bought it about a week and a half ago from a ford stealership..

when i did my test drive i noticed that the rear window vented, but did not go all the way down...no biggie. they replaced the window motor and threw in a new set of tires (sweet) and i was on my way. but just yesterday the rear window went out again..vents but doesnt go down.. do u guys think its the motor again or just wiring problems...also it was about 50 degrees outside and i did have my car washed...i know the dealership will fix it but porlly not for free this time around

If you just got it a week and a half ago, they should fix it for free, since they "supposedly" fixed it the first time. They probably just found a wire that looked loose and secured it and, low and behold, it was only a temp fix. Either that or the took a "BFH" to it and got the motor loose to let it go down. Again, only a temp fix.:D;)

yeah i do have a warranty....but the thing is they gave me a ton of freebies and cut the cost down too and the salesman was awesome but they sometimes try to get me to pay for stuff like this and i kinda feel bad a lil bit...but yeh its getting fixed tomorrow morning though

Sounds like there might be a loose connecton.. there is a initilizing proceedure. try that.. because every time power is removed this needs to be done.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=740158&SUB=740243&sitename=mysporttrac

Latest posts