Rear Window hiccup

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Willis

Reaction score
So I push the button to send the rear window up today, and it goes about half way, then comes back down. Try to vent, same thing. I know these things have pressure sensors on them and it does look like my window is dragging somewhere in the track. So I tried lubing it with some general lube and no fix. I can assist the window by pulling through the rough spot and then it goes up. My question is, Is there a specific type of lube I should use? or an effective way to clean the glass that rides in the track? Thinkin that may be a little dirty maybe? Also just curious how many other people have had this specific issue and what was the fix if any. I've searched and seen a lot of problems with the window sticking up or down, but not too many on what's happening with my 2003. It did rain today and I read that that could be the cause, and if it is, does it normally fix itself? Any suggestions to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading the longness.

There is a bypass as well. Turn and "HOLD" the button to the right. Once it goes up, do this five more times. That is suppose to reset the window based on the resistance it just took to raise the window.

Well of course when I went out to try the suggestion the window works great. It was probably the rain, even though, since we live in WA State and it rains all the time, you would think it would have done this before since we vent the window in the rain.(with the visor on the back window, of course) Thanks for the suggestion I will give it a try if the window acts up again.:huh:

it's called bounce.....mine does that when I'm moving....learned about holding the button after a few panics and the experts on this site......thank God for this site!!!!!

Just bought an '02. Had the problem first day. Worked fine until it rained. That's odd. Anyway, thanks all for the suggestion.:huh:

Latest posts