Rear view camera

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Roll

Reaction score
This system has been around for a few years and was/is available on limited Ford vehicles. My new Adrenalin did not offer the backup beeper (that I had on my '97 XLT) as an option, and I miss it because the last thing I want to do is ding my new truck!

Does anyone know if there is a rear view camera or backup sensor that makes a nice install for a ST? I even have the new Sync/GPS/Stereo head with a screen that would seem like it would support a video feed somehow.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated?

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link. I called the site and they had a version that would work with my hard drive version Sync for $269. The camera is $189 and it is all supposedly plug and play. Not a CD but a inline device that unlocks all of the features locked by Ford. It will allow video playback while in drive, etc.

I just need to figure out how to explain this to my wife..............

Thanks again.

:haveabeer:

Explain this to your wife, from this wife...I hit a bicycle (that could of had a child on it), plus after having it, had saved me from hitting a toddler in a parking lot. In addition, many branches and limbs that have fallen in the driveway when I back out of the garage. Even the simple fact that I left the tailgate open. The list can go on, but I just named a few.

Good luck!

Sondra

I have a VE2 or whatever it's called from Wal-Mart. And Pep Boys. Camera crapped out again this week. Cost $69 to $99 but they only last about a year. Love it when it's working though.

I have the Hitch-Scan. Just beeps, but I've used this for a few years on my '07 and has saved me a few dings. Cost me appx $120 at the dealer, or go to their site.

Attaches to your hitch, and the beeper plugs into your 12v.

Thanks L1TECH - Coastaletech is a few dollars cheaper for the unit and much cheaper for the camera.

Sondra, that is the best arguement possible.

Another problem solved by the mysporttrac.com road warriors

Dave

Latest posts