rear power window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
Is there a way to adjust the rear window "vent" position. I would like the window to roll down about another inch for the vent position. I finally got my strobes in and the rear window tint takes away some of the brightness, although they are still fairly brigth through the window. It would be nice to open the window enough to let them shine through without putting it all the way down.

Not really. There are built in sensor that control the stop points.

You can do what you want if you do some wire changing so that you control the physical power at the module. If you do that, you can have it stop anywhere you want.

There is no switch that tells it where the window is.

IT is all done electronically, the Motor knows where top and bottom are by preasure on the motor. and only turns the right amount of times to make it to vent position.

That I know of there is know way of changing this.

I looked into it when I had to replace my motor.

Hope this helps,

There are sensors mounted on the window, as the window passes these sensor the module sees that, the module is what turns the power on and off to the motor.

coastiejoe, i didnt see this when i had it apart. The motor still only spun up down, and vent. Even though it was not connected to the window.

but i very likely could be wrong. I am only going by what i saw and not any diagrams.

thanks for the correction

I have not had it in my hand, but I have been told by others that the sensors are mounted in the track of the window. If this is correct, there is either a mate to it on the window or something as simple as a clear spot and it is activated/operated by light.

For the vent position, could there be a physical switch on which the window edge presses? It makes sense that the full up and down signal would be a current sensor within the motor control; fairly typical.

No matter what sounds like any potential way to change the position stops would be something above and beyond what I would want to tamper with so I will just leave it as is. In the summer I might roll the window down but not in the winter. They are bright enough but just hate to not use the full brightness that is there.

Thanks for your responses.