Rear Passenger Courtesy lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should, mine have independent rocker on/off switches. Bulbs OK? Owners manual page 51.

Move the control to the full upright position (past detent) to turn on the interior lamps.

Move the control to the full down position (past detent) to prevent interior lamps from illuminating when the doors are opened

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank s for the replies. Mine has a two position rocker for each of the two rear courtesy lights. Each works when I use the rocker but nothing when the the dash wheel is rotated full up (past detent). The front seat courtesy lights come on but not the rear.

Aren't there three bulbs? Mine (an '01) has three bulbs; two each with a switch and one between the those two controlled by the headlight switch and door and exterior keypad (depending in the headlight switch position).

It would make sense that the center bulb would burn out before the others as it is on each time a door is opened and whatever other events activate the courtesy lights.

OK, so now I'm really embarrassed, but thanks a bunch Yardsale. I was all prepared to check an electrical problem that didn't exist. Note to self: check the simple stuff first! issue resolved!

Latest posts