Rear door interior handle part number?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fer Echegaray

Reaction score
Once in a while the rear doors won't open from the inside, when I turn off the engine the doors unlock and driver & passenger doors open from the inside normally, but rear doors won't.

Some times the rear doors open with no problem at all... :blink:

Last Xmas, my wife's aunt broke the interior handle of the rear passenger door when she was trying to open it. :angry:

So I have 2 questions:

-Does anyone know the part number for the handle?

-If you had the problem and solved it, How did you do it?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty easy to change and there is a project on the site to show you how.

Driver side release handle: 3L2Z-7821818-AAA

I'm sure the parts guy at the dealership can figure out the other side if this isn't the one.

Thx Larry,

I know how to change it, I have replaced the speakers already, but I was wondering if anyone had the base problem solved. Why do they not work randomly?:unsure:

It's plastic parts...that's about all I can say. Randomly is exactly how mine started to fail, so the kids yanked harder to make it work. It took about two weeks of daily use for them to quit completely once that started going.

My kids ruined both sides after a couple years yanking on the handles in back. There was very little difference in the old versus the new replacement so I guess the tolerence for abuse is rather small.

Last edited by a moderator:
My nephew always tries to yank the rear inside door handles UP for some reason. I'm waiting for mine to bite the dust. :wacko:

I've replaced both of my rear handles. The parts guy at the dealership said they keep plenty of the release handles in stock because they are so prone to failure. My kids are always yanking on them before I get a chance to unlock the doors, and unlike the front doors they don't release that way. Cheap plastic parts, even if its releasing sporadically now, they will fail completely soon.