Rear D/S Rotors, Calipers, Parking brake shoes and pads installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well George came over and when bordem sets in !!!!!!

We felt like finally finishing the brake job on my 03 and Replaced my parking brake shoes, Rear rotors, calipers and pads.

Took about 2 hours with diner in the middle and the best part was no need to remove the axles to replace the parking brakes....

Will see how much better the truck stops....

Stainless Flex hoses for the front are next !!!!

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I do not know how you were able to remove the shoes without having to remove the axles.

Tom

Thanks stone...

Tom,

I actually bought new "C" clips, bolt and the pin along with the R/P fluid and the TFS cover...

Once I removed the rotor, IT came apart and went together like drum brakes...

I put the back top spring on the pads first, then assembled 1 side, then the other, Then the star wheel, bottom spring and then the outside top spring...

I was happy, because I did not feel like doing the rearend stuff today....

Todd Z

WOW looks GREAT! let us know how they stop and repost about them in a month or 2... like to know how they hold up in time....

rob

The Rotors are from Ebay, D/S gold Zinc coated. The pads I got are the Wagner Thermo quiets for the back. I originally bought the Autozone P/F pads but they were actually Larger in size and Basic theory is larger pad with same brake pressure means Less braking...

The parking shoes were Raybestos and the hardware kit was Wagner...

The Fronts I Am getting the stainless lines made here by a company. The front rotors are the D/S already with the hawk Pads. I will change the hoses and see how the hawk pads feel. As of right now I am NOT happy with the way the truck stops. I think there is something else going on ( poss master cylinder) But I wanted to overhauls the system any way. I also have a set of Front Wagner Severe duty pads for the front if all else fails...

Todd Z

Rob, yup, every time....

I personally feel I have a bad caliper in the front, because I changed the front pads and rotors, bled the system and the pedal is just not right...

OR as tom said a while ago, IT could have damaged the master cylinder...

But i wanted to overhaul the system any way, so we will see...

Todd Z

I agree, But I overheated the OLD front rotors and pads to the point in 1 day I warped the rotors, I think I may have damaged a piston in the caliper, and that will make it feel like junk too...

I will see in about a week..

Todd Z

Todd, if you'd quit doing those 120-0mph stops, you'd take alot of the wear and tear off the brake system.:D

It really does sound like a worn brake booster. Hope that the shoes and such were the problem though. It sucks when you can go fast, but can't get the damn thing to stop.:D;)

Who cares? As Ettore Bugatti is reported to have said when asked why his cars only had brakes on the back, and not all four wheels, "I want to go, not stop!"

Latest posts