rear center window problem-FIXED?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Vedros

Reaction score
Thanks swshawaii. You may be the smartest guy on this board. You have my vote today anyway. I went thru the initialization procedure that you posted and it seems to have worked. I ran it up and down 5 or 6 times with no problems. The only other reason I could think of for the success was possibly the extra time for the silicone spray to have soaked in. The window still has a slight shudder about half way up but I hope that resolves itself with more use. Thanks again for all the help.

Great Phil, hope it's permanent! You need to give MyST the credit, I wouldn't have learned much without these guys.

If you use the windows a lot, blow compressed air to clean all the side channels and silicone spray often. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to give MyST the credit, I wouldn't have learned much without these guys.

Double DITTO that.......:supercool:

Great members on this site. Paved the way for all of us...:driving:

Glad you got it fixed. For future reference never spray anything in the window channels as it can cause the window channels to swell or attract dirt and cause the window to stick even more. The only thing I ever use if needed is graphite lube like you put in lock cylinders. It is dry and won't cause any buildup of foreign material or cause any issues with the seals or guides.

Thanks Scott. Can you tell me what would cause the window to bind so as to stop the window from operating properly? Is this normal to require regular lubrication with graphite to prevent "binding"?

J.B.- Phil's 2007 procedure appears different from your 2003. Let me know when I can delete the linked pdf below from my library. GL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts