Rear camera a factory option?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard McAlister

Reaction score
Anyone know if a rear view camera was offered as a factory option with the nav package or with a special rear view mirror on a gen 2?

Thanks,

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Not offered as an option. I've heard of people adding cameras to the factory NAV. The NAV will need to be programmed by the dealer or you can buy an unlock device for $298!

I just found PAC offers an unlock device now for half the price of Lockpick. Now I might concider adding a camera!

EDIT---> The PAC will not allow you add a camera, only unlock a factory camera :(

OK, clue me in?

If PAC makes an Unlock device that only works on a factory camera, why would you need to unlock it, since you already have a rear camera?

...Rich

Rich, it will allow you to activate the camera while not in reverse, say for watching a trailer in tow or getting the plate number of some knucklehead tailgating you. :)

The lockpick is the expensive part. Put one in mine. There is a slight delay for the camera to come on unlike the factory systems that come on almost the instant you shift to reverse. This only happens on startup. Once the system is booted it comes on immediately.

Latest posts