Rear Bumper Brackets...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John A

Reaction score

Hello Everyone,

I am in the market to replace my bracket assemble for my rear bumper. I got into a little fender bender and it shifted my back bumper down... I'm pretty sure the bracket assemble is what I need to straighten it out, has anyone done this and do you have the parts no.? I cant seem to find them on google?

Update: I had asked about a problem I had trying to get my vechicle certified a couple of weeks back, the issue was my right rear emergency brake was not working. I had worked with a friend to look at it and it had siezed (the pivot that is) is was contaiminated with brake dust/rust and a little bit of cleaning and some lube resolved it and ebrake is working fine and got certified.

Thanks...John A

Look underneath. You may be able to just loosen the mounting bolts and re position it back to normal. Mine did this once when I saw it bent down in a parking lot. Just lay on your back, loosen, lift, and tighten. There's 2 on the left and 2 on the right. Hope it works for ya. :)

That did it Brandon64!

Loosened the two bolts on each side and shifted it back into place and she looks like I took her off the lot!!!

Thanks again!

Look underneath. You may be able to just loosen the mounting bolts and re position it back to normal. Mine did this once when I saw it bent down in a parking lot. Just lay on your back, loosen, lift, and tighten. There's 2 on the left and 2 on the right. Hope it works for ya.

Just wanna bump this up, pretty good tip it worked for me tonight after someone backed into a light pole:wacko:

I also had to drop the spare tire to give me a little more room, also unbolted the piece that makes up the bumper hitch so I could use a large pipe wrench to bend those brackets back into place. I was very thankful for mi Ingersoll Rand air impact though. The bumper bolts seem to be lock nuts, or all the rust made them that way:rolleyes: