Reader for error codes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Girouard

Reaction score
I would like to buy a Reader so I can pull error codes from my ST. I have no problems right now, but want to know what type or brand I should buy for future use.

If you talk to WFoy (Wayne Foy) here on the site, he sells a thing that allows you not only to read and clear trouble codes, but it also improves your shift points, as well as giving you more horsepower and/or gas mileage. It's called the XCal2 (X-Calibrator 2). If you don't have one, I HIGHLY recommend getting one, if nothing else, just to improve the function of the transmission on the trac.

That is if you can spare $300+ for it if you JUST want something to read/clear codes Scan Gauge sells a product that does alot also and is around $120 or you can always go to Autozone or any local auto product chain they also sell some cheap code readers.

True, but if you can't afford it right now, save your money until you CAN. If you read through many of the posts here, you will quickly come to realize that one of the best "bang for the buck" items for your trac is the XCal2. I think it's worth the price just for the improved transmission function ALONE...the extra horsepower/torque/mileage/code-reader are just bonuses.

Harbor Feight sells one for less then $40.00. If you have no Harbor Freight stores near you, you can pick on up online at harborfreight.com.

Tom

you can get an actron reader only from Pep Boys $30to$40...or reader and reset codes, actronII for $99...

Latest posts