? re: State Fair

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on that with Ford, Dove. I hope to have any and all pricing for the meet up shortly. The Saturday portion should be somewhere in the ballpark of previous years' pricing.

:)Rich, I live in Dallas Texas, and I am very familiar with the Sate Fair Area. There are a number of hotels near the fairgrounds, but I am not familiar with the rates. The State Fair is very secure when it is in session, with ample security by the fine officers of the Dallas Police Department, who have a zero tolerance during this event. I understand that people are concerned with safety and all, but someone posted a dire forecast of how bad an area it is. All of Dallas or any city of this magnitude is and can be fearful, but again we have a very good law enforcement community here and they take care of what goes wrong. But back to the meet here in Dallas, I want to know what we as members need to do to line up with this event, and what things are needed to proceed. Is there an admission for us to participate? Where do we need to be assembled? What are our functions to prepare for this event, and how do we organize such a mass of people that may show up. Is it okay to give people that we see with the STs information about this event....etc, etc, etc. I will gather more info in the next few days and try and post it here in a message to our members. Bear with me.

mrmarvyn,

Check the Dallas meet link often, we are working on more details "everyday" and it gets updated as things are confirmed. Yes there is a registation fee, per Trac not per person for the Meet. *working on this now*

There are different dates of events happening from Sept 28 thru the Oct 1 date.

These dates and the events are posted.

I'm guessing we would all meet up for the Ford hosted events at one of the the Fair Park parking lots if you are not in Arlington. Quite a few of us from out of town will be staying at the designated hotel in Arlington and Trac'ing to the Fair Park and Meet. We wont' be hard to spot coming from I30 heading East to Fair Park or to the Stockyard in FT Worth heading west :)

Some of the other committee members will chime in shortly I'm sure. We will get definate answers soon.

ps: YES by all means if you See another ST owner absolutely tell them about the site, the National ST Meet and events, This meet is for all of us ST owners Nationwide!

The more the Merrier! :)

thanks for your patience.

~GM~

Last edited by a moderator: