re: Is it too early for Christmas lights? and driving around town. I make on youtube

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sniezek

Reaction score
Do you think it is to early for Christmas lights? :wacko::blink:

I make part 2 look down it is the one that says Is it too early for Christmas lights and Music part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Its OK to put them up, given the nicer weather, but IMO, shouldnt be turned on until after Thanksgiving. Its bad enough going into stores before Halloween and having Christmas lights on and music playing.

I started putting them up today. Hopefully will get done tomorrow.

For me, I think you should put up the lights the weekend after Thanksgiving and take the down the weekend after New Years. Driving around town and seeing houses all lit up already is ridiculous.

If you have so many to put up, I guess it is OK to start early as long as you don't light them up till after Thanksgiving. Call me a traditionalist.

Sense I work week night I can only light them up on the weekends, so that is why I start early. I like my house lit up.

People here in town are still showing off their halloween lights(orange) :p. Most lights are put up around Thanksgiving and not turned on until December 1st. What the stores do nowadays is ridiculous, they were decorating before Halloween!! :angry: I think we should celebrate June 25th, as it is 6 months in either direction from Christmas. :lol:

A few Christmas lights are on around here.

I miss the good ol days when i was a kid. No one turned on their Christmas lights until Dec 10 or later, and they kept them up through the 12 days of Christmas. Nowadays, Christmas lights are in full bloom right after Thanksgiving, and they all come down the day after Christmas. Seems like we used to enjoy the Christmas Holiday for a couple of weeks, but now we have to turn it all off the day after Christmas.

I like to see nice displays. Im just to lazy to decorate. Glad I dont live in a neighborhood, where it is expected..:p

I dont know if that video got any better. I was bored at the 3 min. mark..:wacko:

We're going to put ours up next Sunday. Personally, I wish the stores would wait until Thanksgiving Day/Black Friday to put out their decorations. Some stores in the Dallas area were putting up Christmas decorations before Halloween. Let us enjoy Thanksgiving before worrying about Christmas! Give thanks, then give gifts!

I find more Christmas lights and hear some christmas music on my XM. Here the my youtube video it is call Is it too early for Christmas lights and Music part 2

Here in Poland, a lot of people put the lights up a couple of days before Christmas and then take them down the first week of February. Christmas Eve here is the biggest day of the holiday season. My tree is still up until the neighbors take theirs down. I am trying to blend in. Besides, my Polish friends are still stopping in for holiday visits.

Latest posts