re: Harley vs Honda

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever noticed Harley riders trailer their bike to where they want to ride while Goldwing riders ride to where they want to ride??

For a short jaunt, the Harley is a nice bike. Start doing 1000 mile weekends and the smooth ride and power of a living room couch doing 100mph can't be beat.

Have you ever noticed Harley riders trailer their bike to where they want to ride while Goldwing riders ride to where they want to ride??

Harley riders have nothing to prove. Honda riders do.;)

Tom

Only time mine has ever seen a trailer was when the drive belt broke.

Oh, and what's up with the stuffed animals stuck on Gold wings? See that everywhere...

Only time mine has ever seen a trailer was when the drive belt broke.

You mean the 1st time your Harley saw a trailer was when the drive belt broke, that it will see a trailer many more times for many more reasons.

You obviously haven't been around modern HD's. 7 years and that has been my only real issue. I did have a bushing wear out on the shifter, but that is also a wear item.

The belt was a flaw from Gates, that has since been re-sourced and now is kevlar reinforced.

Fords all rust out...

Harleys break down...

See how silly that sounds now.

Yeah, I guess you're rite. When you're accustomed to the Honda quality that has always been around (and still is) then it's hard to forget about the many HD issues that are supposedly a thing of the past.

Follow the leader, he's on a Honda! :D

Honda quality is like saying "Jumbo Shrimp".

Honda motorcycles might run nice, but Harley's have class. Ride around a group of people. One guy in a Honda and the other on a Harley. What bike are they going to look at first?

Tom

Honda motorcycles might run nice, but Harley's have class. Ride around a group of people. One guy in a Honda and the other on a Harley. What bike are they going to look at first?

All depends on who are are hanging out with. No one that I know would be looking at the Harley..

Harley has GREAT marketing/history and that is it. Their machines for the price are nothing special. The only reason to get a Harley is to get a Harley.. your paying for nothing more than a name.

Harley Davidson riders have their own elite, cult.

If it weren't for the "image" that they sell and charge a premium for, I wonder if HD would have survived all these years.

TJR

I'm going to look at both of them. Harley, can't corner like a Honda, Kaw or Suz bike. However, none of them sound like a Harley either.

If I was to buy a Harley type bike it would be a custom built bike. I'd take an Indian, Jesse James, Orange County Chopper, etc, etc over a Harley any day of the week.

Latest posts