RE DIFFERENTIAL OIL CHANGE

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Partridge

Reaction score
I had the transmission oil flushed. Much smoother. they found a broken plastic dip stick in the inspection oil level hole. ordered another. Question they want 200 for the rear Diff and 320.

to change oil in the front one. ( harder to get to ) Includes a flush product. Is this a job that is dueable at home ?

Seems like a lot of money. I guess the oil is made of gold thanks 128,000 klm

:haveabeer:Valvoline quoted me $45.00 for front diff.

Rear is super easy to do your self (did mine a couple weeks ago). Look in the project section.

For the front you need to go to a Qwicky Lube where they do it with a suction machine. I go to Valvoline also for about $45. The rear on a Gen 2 is easy to do yourself (if you buy a suction gun to fill it) because the cover has a drain plug. It is easier if you remove the spare tire first. The front does not have a drain plug.

At $320 and $200 you're getting ripped off. $320 for the front may be legit if they're looking at removing the whole diff, which is the other way to do it, but that really isn't necessary.

Latest posts