RE: Check Engine Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O W

Reaction score
Along this line as many here already know the DPFE sensor is also a common problem with this motor. The code is 401/402. The check engine light will stay on till its replaced. (or some have had success cleaning it out ?) The shop I use said they could repair the problem and reset code for $145, and the dealer wanted more. A little research on here and the web told me the problem. It is easy access under the hood so I went down to Autozone and picked up the part for $46 (50/50 chance this generic part will last more than a year but needed the light out for emission test). Pulled off the two rubber lines (used a little WD40 to make sure I didn't damage them pulling them off) and unsnapped the release for the electrical connection, then snapped the new one on. Not counting the time I gave the WD40 to penetrate the complete fix took minutes. I didn't need to disconnect battery or reset code. After a short drive the system recognized the fix and the light went out. This was done 11 months ago and still working fine. [Broken External Image]:

Though it maybe a generic replacment.

I see it this way. Ford doesnt make those parts, anyway.

Very posible at times certain after market ones are made. For ford by the same company.

All in the packaging..LOL

Just speaking from past experience on other items Eddie, and of course I will be very happy to have better luck this time.