RCD 5" Lift - Installed - Pictures Posted :)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok. Where did you get that lift, how much? was it modified at all. I love those tires... Im jealous now. One of the few tracs Im jealous of (yours, tonkas and 23ballistics). What did install cost?

RYAN / JohnnyO: The Lift cost me 2400 dollars from a 4 Wheel Drive Shop. You can find them cheaper online, but the installer insisted I get it from him because he would be completely confident all the parts would be there and if any parts were to be needed, he would be able to get them.

It is not made for the Sport Trac :( There are 3 Major things that needed to be modified or switched to get this kit to fit.

-First: you have to get Ranger Rotors, or 11.25" Rotors. The reason being is that the spindle included in the kit will only fit 11.25" Rotors due to the caliper mount locations.

-Second: The front differential control arm for the Ranger and the Sport Trac are slightly different. Our Tracs have a slight angle in the control arm and the Ranger's don’t. (I can give a more detailed explanation about this if need be)

-Third: (Rear End) Our Sport Tracs rear is different then the Rangers as well. Included in the kit are a shim plate, an add-a-leaf, longer U-bolts, and custom shackles. With this rear kit, there are two things that don’t work. The U-bolts were the wrong diameter, so I had those custom built, and the custom shackles upper mount locations were wrong. I used the common warrior 153 shackles and the rest of the kit (shim and add-a-leaf) and everything went really smooth and the truck sits level.

Steve K: It is a coil over suspension kit. You can find RCD via google and the company I got it from was my installer, which is the best way and may be the only way.

SeattleSportTrac: (Thank you for your sponsorship) I think I am going to write an explanation about the install in my profile.. Think I should?

MPTonyT: You can most definitely go for a sport look with a 2 wheel drive truck (not that luxury isn’t good either). The process of lifting a 2 wheel drive truck is much easier then a 4 wheel drive truck because there is no front differential, cv axles/arms, etc that get in the way. (You may have already known this, sorry. I also noticed you have a 2007: I like the color and what you did to the audio system. That would probably be the first thing I would dive into as well. I havnt looked at the 2007 rear end, but isnt it an independent rear suspention system similar to the front?)

Ben: I might want to come to that car show. That sounds like fun. Also, sorry I wasn’t up for the 3am cruise. I started to get to bed right after I sent the last reply, maybe some other day.

Thank you for the comments guys!!! It was soo much fun doing all of this and I am really happy I get to share the inside scoop with everyone.

Big D: Install.. well lets say my installer was really nice. He dedicated about 40 hours and only charged me for 13 hours @ $80 an hour. I was extremely grateful. It was his first RCD Kit and first Sport Trac, but he had done plenty of other 4 wheel drive suspensions prior. He really took his time and being that there were the little things that needed to be taken care of, the install went slower then what he projected. I know of another shop that has done this kit for two other tracs and a few mazdas and he can do it in 10 hours. He is that fast only because he has done it a few times (and really good) haha. Thank you for the comment, the other members you mentioned do have really nice tracs as well. I don’t know what I would do without this website. There is always so much to read about and see.

Trevor: the offset of my rims are 44 mm. So whatever that is in inches is your answer :)

Thank all of you for the complements on the truck. I thought for sure there would be people out there that were curious about this lift and wanted questions answered. I hope to see more out there with this kit.

The suspension is perfectly silent and is really smooth. Bumps that I used to avoid are only a mere shutter in the truck. It now feels like it has the correct proportions and balance. I am really happy with it and it was definitely worth the money.

(31 posts.. I am stoked on the amount of feed back :) )

Latest posts