RCA interconnects to factory headunit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Stockwell

Reaction score
I have an 02' Sport trac and was wondering if the RCA interconnects from an amp wiring kit will plug directly into the factory single cd head unit or do I need some sort of adapter? Thanks

You will have to get speaker level output, which will tap into your speaker wire for a signal. Depending on what type of amp you are running, it may or may not have speaker level inputs.

There is a company out there that make a harness that plugs into the stock unit and then has RCA pigtails.

It has been mentioned here in the past. Been a while though.

Do a search, it may come up...

they make signal converters and you can get them at Circuit City or any auto radio place. they are a box that u wire into a speaker wire and it changes signal to RCA outputs. then you plug in some rca wires into the little converter box and to your amp. their like 19 bucks. cheap.

I recommend avoidng the converter and going with an amp that will take speaker level inputs. I had many turn-on/turn-off pop problems caused by two different converters with the 2001 six disc head unit. On advice from a local car stereo shop, cured it by going with speaker level input to the amp.

Latest posts