RANT...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia Snyder

Reaction score
Took the Trac into gateway tire (recommended by family member) to have tires balanced. After taking the first tire off the dum dum broke off one wheel stud and shred the threads on another on one the same tire. He then had the balls to tell me in front of other customers that it was my fault. I adamantly explained that I rotate my own tires and have never forced a lug nut on for it to be stripped 1/4 of the way down the thread or have I done anything to cause one to break. He argued, practically calling me an idiot, that it wasn't his fault either. After talking to the guy that took the tire off, he said he couldnt get the lug nuts off with an impact bar so he used a breaker bar. But somehow got the others off with an imapct bar. Only thing I could guess was that he was turning them the wrong way and it tightened them instead of loosened them. Well after an hour of arguing, they finally replaced both of them free of charge. I wouldnt have been so mad if he hadnt of been so rude and called me stupid. :angry:

Anyway, then went to Ford dealer to have tranny flushed and the service manger said they needed to be flushed every 30,000. I told him they explained to me when I bought it they said it never needed serviced, but I felt differently so thats why I went. He had the most confused look on his face and asked "what idiot told you that?". lol. Apparently they had been told differently. After talking to the service guys I think we figured out a way to do it ourselves. I had gotten advice from one member for a v8 (which has a dipstick), but mines a v6 and has a different one in it and does not have a dip stick.

Just an FYI for anyone who was wondering. Guess it jsut depends on where you go...

Go to your local Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce (they probably have websites for this), and report the shop. And find better sources for car care advice ;)

Latest posts