Random hi mount brake light question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becker69 CO

Reaction score
I know this is random and usually I don't post minor trivial questions, but has anyone else here gone through an inordinate number of bulbs in their hi (3rd) mount brake light? In 6 years I haven't replaced a SINGLE bulb, save for 4 of these brake light bulbs. I know it's minor, it just seemed odd (and yes I have resorted to the "long life" sylvania bulbs).

knock on simulated wood. Now I'm screwed.... I'll be replacing more random bulbs just because I posted this!!! :lol:

Can't say I have that problem...of course, I don't have one anymore.

Before that I replaced the housing and lights with a low profile lens and a neon tube.

If you dislike changing bulbs, go with an LED unit.

I have found that vibration and the slightest condensation causes this. The grease that they sell for the bulb socket helps alot in this problem..

I have replaced those bulbs more than any light in my ST. Actually I dont think I have replaced any other bulbs except those.. Well I took out my headlight and fog bulbs and switched to Silver Stars.

Chad

Really, you think the heat does it in? It's poss. I didn't really consider that.

Chad; my pass. headlamp still has that corny plastic (chrome colored) reflector that covers the bulb just rolling around in the headlamp assembly!! This happened when I was wheelin' in Ouray. I haven't had the time or desire to pull the headlamp, split it, fix it, then cement it back. I'll probably just replace the whole headlamp for ease (and a spare! ). :)

It's the heat. If you ever notice, the housings for the bulbs that get used the most are bigger.

Latest posts